Thursday, May 03, 2007

how bout that?

wow...has another year really gone by? man. its so weird. time just continues to move faster and faster the older we get it seems. i just finished with my exams for this semester, and now im getting ready for summer. another amazing summer working out in nature, in God's beautiful canvas...i am so excited for it. it'll be so amazing to not have to study all summer, with the exception of working my butt off (literally, and on my monologue).

this summer, i've decided that i am going to come back completely prepared for auditions. i am going to know this character (Jo March) inside and out, her whole life story. i will know all of her objectives for everything and her super objectives. my audition will be rehearsed in the camp office lobby area (where there is a piano) many, many times....i will walk in there with no regrets or know "what if i had practiced more". i want to give one of those auditions that will make them go, wow. she's got it. i've always just "winged" my auditions. i guess its because in highschool i never got any parts, but now where there are no politics...its just raw talent...i do get parts. and that frankly scares me. i want this part so bad i can taste it. i need to work on my movement and my characterizations. the biggest task is .... finding the Perfect monologue. i've got my song in the bag, no worries there. but the monologue is another thing. i talked to my favorite theatre prof. yesterday about monologues...and so that helped a Lot. now its just working on it, over and over and over again. i'll do that monologue a million times so that i know it backward and forward. i mean i know whatever happens, God has a plan for it...i just, i've never wanted a part so badly...!!!!!

sorry for that long shpeal....but i had to let out some frustrations!!!!!

ps: if you have any tips on a monologue, PLEASE let me know.

love always,

ciao!

No comments: