Monday, October 30, 2006

here and gone...

Its almost november...wow....that means im THAT much closer to my birthday, oh yes. :)

Well this weekend has been a little bit sad, for me at least. Don't get me wrong, it was a good weekend. I've just been down. The play ended Saturday night. It didnt start out so well. First off, I have never messed up a dance move since the beginning of the run of the show. So of course, the night that my parents are there I mess up on a dance move. I'm sure no one noticed, but it still bugs me. Ending this show made me a lot more sad than I thought it would. This was my first lead role in a musical, so needless to say I was more than a little attatched to it. Polly was nothing like me but in a lot of ways she was. She wanted a boy friend, I mean who doesn't, right? haha...I will miss playing her night after night...that is for certain. When the curtain closed on for the last time, I couldn't help but feel like someone had just ripped my heart out. There were so many people that were ecstatic about it being over, and it just really hurt my feelings. I just wish people would take into consideration other peoples feelings sometimes. I mean, I know some people just think theatre majors are the biggest slackers on earth, which there are a lot of slackers in the theatre world...but for those of us who really develop our character and do extra rehearsals...i mean, when I got this role I thought they had made a mistake. But because of Polly I have learned that I really can get any part I want. Before this show I couldnt sing soprano notes with confidence, I certainly couldn't dance, and I wasn't sure of myself. Now I know I can do all of these things. Each night before the show I would find a place where no one else was, and I would just pray for the success and enjoyment of the show...and everytime I prayed I could just feel the Lord give me this release and my tension would go away. So...not to bore you guys...but I really do miss the show. In non-theatre terms, just imagine someone giving you your favorite thing in the world and letting you keep it for a short while...and taking it away again. Thats how it feels...but there are other auditions and more musicals to audition for...so things will get better.

I was going to audition for NCTC which is a Theatre Conference. If you make it through those auditions you go on to audition for SETC which is even bigger. It gives you oppurtunities to find summer work with other theatres instate or out of state. It would be a great oppurtunity. I had almost all the paperwork filled out...but I hadnt prayed about it. I've prayed about it a lot this past week...and that just isn't where the Lord is leading me right now...He has something else planned for me, and for some reason I am getting pretty scared that it might be mundo vista again...we shall see.

I hope you all are having a fantastic week. Also a little side note, I am taking suggestions for birthday gifts, if you have something you want to give me for the celebration for the day of my birth, I am more than happy to tell you whether or not it is acceptable :) mmmkay? haha..!

ps: i just got a 4.000 dollar scholarship, woop woop for free money's! :) ha

hey heres a video of the show! i got like about 5 sets of 30 second clips from a friend backstage and spliced them together!! enjoy :)



be forwarned...i cannot dance...i don't really like this clip and i got it mainly to see what i need to work on...3 of them being : my weight, my dancing, and how i carry myself on stage...this video was an eye opener :-/

No comments: